Research Centre for Punjabi Language Technology,
Punjabi University, Patiala
- Breaking the Script barrier
GURMUKHI-SHAHMUKHI Transliteration System
- F i r s t Gurmukhi-OCR System with 97% accuracy
- F i r s t Punjabi Grammar Checker System
- F i r s t Gurmukhi Unicode Typing Pad
- Breaking the Language barrier
HINDI-PUNJABI Machine Translation System
- F i r s t Customized Punjabi Search Engien
- F i r s t Gurmukhi text Sumarization System
- F i r s t Intelligent bilingual (Legacy to Unicode) Font Converter
|ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਤਕਨਾਲੋਜੀ ਦਾ ਖੋਜ ਕੇਂਦਰ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ, ਪਟਿਆਲਾ |
The Research Centre for Punjabi Language Technology was established in Feb. 2004 with the aim of conducting research and development in linguistic and computational aspects of Punjabi Language as well as Punjabi culture.
- To evolve technical solutions for Punjabi
- To participate in standardization efforts in Punjabi
- To promote and assist in content development for Punjabi
- To conduct research in the socio linguistic and cultural aspects of Punjab
- To preserve and promote Punjabi culture
Development of core technologies for Punjabi:
- Transliteration between Gurmukhi, Shahmukhi, Devnagri, Roman scripts
- Machine Translation tools for automatic translation from Punjabi to Hindi and vice versa
- Optical Character Recognition System
- Punjabi Grammar Checker
- Punjabi speech synthesis
Digitisation of Basic Materials for Punjabi language:
- Technical terminologies
- Corpus and Morph
Online Punjabi teaching.
Developing software for official use of Punjabi:
- Enabling Punjabi language to meet the needs of e-governance
- Meeting the needs of Punjabi usage in electronic and print media.
- Providing Technical Solutions for usage of Punjabi language on internet
- Digitizing libraries and official records.
Providing a common platform to Punjabi cyber community.
|© 2013 Research Centre for Punjabi Language Technology,|
Punjabi University, Patiala (Punjab) INDIA 147 002.
Best viewed in latest and common browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (compatibility view) and Apple Safari etc.